Thursday, January 8, 2009

Big Gurl Furniture

We heard from a little birdie that we were in trouble for not sending some pictures to a few birds who flew south for the winter. So here's how the girls' rooms have turned out so far.

Jessie and I have decided we don't like the two-tone paint in her room so guess what I'll be doing when I have some days off! (:

Rylee's room still needs some pictures for her wall and more light since she doesn't have any windows. When we took down the Christmas tree we used one of the strings of lights to put around the bottom of her loft which gave it a nice glow. Her room has become a hangout for all of us--I don't think she expected that when she asked to move so she'd have a room of her own.

Pictures follow:(if the pictures are too small, click on them to get a larger view)
Randy spent Christmas day putting together furniture, and the day after, Matt came over and helped him tackle some of the larger pieces (thanks Matt!). Then we celebrated by going to our annual night after Christmas movie. This year we went to "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler.

Rylee's room:
This is Ry's wardrobe....it has two closet doors -one with a mirror, to hang her clothes, and the third door has shelves.

This is her loft bed with nightlights attached to the wall and below her computer and chairs for hanging out.

Full view, or as close as I can get, of her room with Jessie dancing her way out of the picture...a little too slow...sorry Jess, got you anyway.

Jessie's room:
Jessie's bed is on one end of her room and her dresser is on the other end.

Just a few more angles. These two things, the little table my dad made and the bookcase, are the only pieces of furniture left of the "old" bedroom.

I think that about wraps it up!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, just don't sit up in bed too quick Rylee! From the pictures the two tone paint looks cute. Very modern, and I like the christmas tree lights. I used to do that when I was a youngun! Our favorite is of Jessie's pose. We know it was staged that way! Guy says to tell handy man Randy good job! I can't wait to decorate a room without bugs and lego's! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous Rylee. Looks awesome. Much nicer than I've ever had- probably ever will have. So if you've taken the laundry slash guestroom, where are we supposed to sleep when we come visit??

    ReplyDelete